Thursday, July 23, 2009

She's here (and has been for 5 weeks...sorry)

Miss Thing arrived on June 18th. We avoided the induction that was scheduled for that morning because I went into labor on my own the evening of the 17th. Labor was relatively easy and uncomplicated. However, my recovery has been filled with problems, thus the delay in posting. I just haven't managed much time at all on the computer and there were always things that felt more pressing than this blog. I'm sorry for that.

So, after much delay (for reasons that I will elaborate in a future post), here she is in pictures we took when she was 6 days old:






For blog's sake, we'll call her R. I just don't do full names here.

R was born at 5:54 a.m. She was 19.5 inches long and 8 pounds, 6 ounces. By her two-week check-up she had grown 2 inches and was 9 pounds, 8.5 ounces. I'd guess she's about 11 pounds now. She is a blessedly calm and laid-back baby. And she's amazing.

Z was great with her from the moment they met:


Overall, the family has grown in a wonderful way and we couldn't be more pleased. My recovery is still ongoing, and unfortunately, still not going well. But, that's another post for another day.

Welcome to the world, my sweet baby girl.

1 comment: