Friday, February 27, 2009

And the latest word from the doctor

I'm home from my trip to the doctor. My mom was kind enough to make a detour on the way home and we picked up Pita Jungle yummies. Deliciousness enough to make my day even without the good news from the OB visit. And, I have left-over baba ganoush for my afternoon snack!

I'm officially 24 weeks and 5 days. The AFI results from Monday look great so I am to continue taking the Ibuprofen and the Nifedipine. I had 7 contractions during waking hours yesterday, so that means thus far the meds are still working and we don't have to change. The radiologist didn't send over the final report on my cervical length measurement, but I told my OB what the ultrasound tech told me on Monday. She seemed content with how things were for now. Then she took the sample for the fFN test, but it has to be sent out to the lab. We should hear back about that on Monday, but for now I'm still covered by my negative fFN from last week, so I'm not too antsy.

The only "bad" news out of the appointment is that I've lost a pound in the last week. I'm supposed to be gaining a pound a week. I'm not quite sure how that happened, though I have struggled with weight gain this whole pregnancy (I'm up 14# total at the moment). I feel like all I do is lay around and eat. It's not like I'm burning calories right and left chasing around Z like before the bedrest. I guess I'll try adding some more food into the day, but I'm not sure how my stomach is going to handle it. I feel so full most of the time already.

The best news of the appointment is that I got permission to take Z to his first day of preschool on Monday. I was told I had to park close (not a problem, it isn't a big lot because it is a small school). I'm also not supposed to stand for more than 10 minutes at a time, but it is ok if I go and sit for however long it takes for Z to be ok with the idea of me leaving. I'm so relieved. I had a few people telling me that I should just take him and not bother asking. I can't imagine the guilt I'd feel if I did that and something were to go wrong for the baby. It'd just make things harder for all of us. But my OB said it was OK! I have permission to do it! WhoooHoooo!

So for now, it looks like we're sticking with the status quo pending a negative fFN result. I have another ultrasound on Monday where I'll have an AFI and cervical length check. We're just continuing to pray for good news.

No comments:

Post a Comment