Thursday, April 16, 2009

Four pounds, eight ounces

I had my last ultrasound this morning (31 weeks, 4 days). J worked from home today so he could go with me. I'll stop taking the ibuprofen this weekend so we won't have to monitor her kidneys anymore--thus no more ultrasounds. The tech was very nice and did a growth check for me in addition to the AFI and cervical length measurements.

Little Miss is measuring in the 70th percentile for her gestational age at 4 pounds, 8 ounces. She's got almost a full pound on her brother already. That's awesome. The tech said the docs like to have about 500 grams (~ 1 pound, 1.5 ounces) more before they would be OK with an early arrival. She gained an average of 4.5 ounces a week since our last growth check, which is right in the healthy range. Based on that pattern she should have the desired additional weight gained right around 36 weeks.

In other news, the AFI was in the normal range at 12, so we'll stick with the ibuprofen through Saturday. My cervical length had it's first change since I got out of the hospital. It has been exactly the same at all the ultrasounds since then, but today, it measured 0.2 cm less. It is still in a healthy range, so I'm not that concerned. However, the measurement has given me a bit more motivation to stay in bed. I don't know how fast it will change, but I definitely don't want to push things, especially before 34 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment