Monday, April 13, 2009

They keep telling me she's big!

I had an OB appointment this morning. My OB and I had a really big laugh. She took my fFN sample and then did a manual check of several things. I'm measuring big, but my weight gain is right where my OB wants it. She says Miss Thing is just a big baby. At my last growth check ultrasound she was in the 80th percentile for her gestational age.

Anyway, after my OB finished everything, she said, "Well, hopefully the fFN comes back negative. I'm feeling pretty good that it will based on everything I've seen today." Then she sort of gets this little grin and she says, "So I was thinking..."

"I get to come off bed rest today?"

Head snap and stern glance, "No. Wow. Usually we're right on the same page, but we're off by generations this time. You were totally just planning where you were going shopping this afternoon, weren't you?"

Cue hysterical laughter from us both. I totally was.

"I'm sorry. You still have 3 more weeks of strict bed rest. I was just thinking about how little we know about preterm labor. We've been so worried these past two months and now, here we are and you are in a totally normal place and things look really good. I was wondering if when your daughter is pregnant if we'll know any more or if we'll still be doing so much guessing."

Anyway, since this Saturday will be the last dose of the ibuprofen, this Thursday's ultrasound will be the last. I realized with some sadness that I have no doctor appointments next week. While that's great news because things are going well enough and we're getting far enough along that my OB isn't as worried, it's also sort of sad for me. I only get to leave the house for doctor appointments. Usually, it is once or twice a week and I will have none next week! Oh, the isolation!

J is going to take me to the last ultrasound this Thursday. The order is for the AFI and the cervical length ultrasound. By history, every fourth ultrasound we also have a growth estimate done. I'm really hoping, especially since it is our last, that we'll get it for this last one. It will be my fourth appointment with the perinatology office and they did a growth check with my first appointment. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment