Thursday, May 21, 2009

Energy.

So I haven't been posting much the past two weeks. Nothing significant has been going on so there isn't much to say. Plus, I've been incredibly irritable. I don't know why but my patience and sense of calm just vanished leaving me really short tempered, and well, kind of feeling bitchy. Add to that my general sense of exhaustion because my stamina went to zero during the bed rest and my mind was not a pleasant place to be. It was to the point that even I was tired of my complaining (though others say I haven't been--but maybe they are just being kind). So even if it was all in my head, it was driving me crazy.

Then yesterday, something happened. I woke up in a good mood. I had energy all day. I felt productive without exhausting myself. Z woke earlier than usual so we had about an hour to play before we had to leave for preschool. We played baseball in the back yard and took a go on the swings. Then we went into the front yard. Z rode his tricycle in the driveway and on the sidewalk while I weeded the garden bed all along the front of our home (it hadn't been done since January, but it wasn't that bad!).

I took him to school and then I went to the gym. I've been walking 30 minutes on the treadmill a few times a week to try to rebuild some muscle without overdoing it. It is cooler there, and if it gets to be too much, I can just stop instead of having to walk home like I would if I went around the neighborhood. I came home from the gym and made 3 nights worth of dinner. Then I cleaned both bathrooms. I ate lunch. I went to the grocery store and picked Z up from school. I had energy to interact and play with him the entire time before his nap. I put him down, then I mixed a chocolate layer cake and started it baking. I sat for an hour and rested while I watched a Law & Order rerun. Then I woke Z and we went swimming. After that, J, Z, and I had dinner. We finished dinner and Z and I assembled the cake (cherry pie filling between the layers, and then chocolate frosting) so we could have it for dessert.

After all of that, I managed to stay awake until 10 p.m. And I wasn't cranky about it!

I woke at about 2:30 this morning with this recurring pain I'm having in my hip socket (feels like maybe a pinched nerve that I'm sure is just because of the pregnancy). Try as I might I struggled to fall back to sleep comfortably, but I managed it. And, I woke in a good mood again this morning!

I just got home from the gym, where I did a bunch of extra stretches to try to help with this hip pain. I still feel great. I forgot how it felt to feel good like this. Now I just have to try to not overdo it!

No comments:

Post a Comment