These past few days have been really trying. I've been anxious for the next AFI to know what is going on with Miss Thing's kidneys. I've also had an increase in contractions and cramping. The cramping is much more present than it has been recently. My cervical length measurement at the AFI ultrasound could do a lot to bring me peace of mind or let us know if we need to do something different.
Except the radiologist's office just called and canceled my appointment for tomorrow. They said they could reschedule me for April 1--a full week away. That's not acceptable. So now I'm waiting to hear back from my OB if I should go to another facility and when they can set that up for me.
But the change has caused me so much more worry. During my hospitalization, I learned that different ultrasound machines can have different calibrations. As a result, test results from different machines aren't as reliable in a direct comparison. For example, my cervical length measurements on an ultrasound machine at the hospital were 3 cm and 2.8 cm. One week later at the radiologist's office on a different machine it was 4.0 cm. In cervical length, the longer the measurement the better and 2.5 cm is the red-flag point. But cervical length doesn't get longer during this point in pregnancy, so the machines were calibrated differently. More tests proved it since I have consistently measured 4 cm each week since.
So how will I know if the AFI results and the cervical length results at another facility are presenting an accurate picture? I don't feel nearly as confident in the results I may see and what they will mean. And that's if I can even get in somewhere else.
This is so depressing. Especially right now when I feel so stressed by memories of what happened at this point in my pregnancy with Z.
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment