Monday, March 2, 2009

School days.

Z started preschool this morning. I got to ride along to take him. It was a family affair--J had the morning off of work and my mom came so she'd know how to do drop-off and pick-up in the future. Z has visited the campus twice and he has a friend in his class. At first he seemed hesitant*:

ZFirstDayOfPreschool1

He obliged me with his forced smile*:

ZFirstDayOfPreschool2

But then we escorted him to his classroom and he had no problems and didn't shed a single tear. My mom teased that it was harder for me to leave him than for him to be left at school. She's probably right.

I wasn't able to pick him up from school. I had enough outings with the school drop-off and the ultrasound appointment. My mom had Z call me when they got to her house after school. Much like Mikey, he declared, "I like it!" He told me his favorite thing was the sand box. When he got home this evening he told me he really liked the kitchen too. I asked him what he liked in the kitchen and after much thought--including major eye strains as he tried to roll his eyes back to seemingly look in his brain for an answer--he announced, "I don't remember."

Hopefully drop-off goes well for my mom tomorrow.

*See my photo disclaimer here.

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely cannot believe Z is so big. Where has the time gone?? I'm so glad he had a good first day of school, and that you got to go and see him off <3

    ReplyDelete