Front office staff at a doctor's office just make such a world of difference in the level of care. I'm so grateful my OB has such a great staff. The scheduler was so great taking care of my ultrasound issues this morning. Just now, my OB's medical assistant called to let me know that I'm running slightly anemic according to my test results from last week--despite the fact that I'm taking additional iron supplements two times per day.
While she was on the phone I told her about the increase in cramping since Friday. I've been trying to be calm (somewhat unsucessfully) about it and wait for the cervical length ultrasound I was supposed to have tomorrow. But, now that it is pushed out another day and I was already on the phone with her, I thought I should mention it. The medical assistant said, "I want you to come in today. Can you make a 3:15 appointment?"
While I'm still worried, knowing that I'm seeing my OB and having things checked brings me some peace. If something isn't going well, we can start acting now. I don't have to wait another two days. That's a big deal. I'm so grateful the whole office is so responsive and caring.
::big cleansing sigh::
I still won't have any info on Miss Thing's kidney's until Thursday. But we'll have some answers about if the cramping is progressing labor or not. That's something.
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment